In this article we present you with a short overview of the top five types of TV wall mounts that our customers tend to purchase for their home theater installation projects. Use this post as a brief introduction to TV wall mounts. There are a few things to consider before choosing a TV wall mount so in this post we attempt to simplify this process by providing detailed explanations of each type of TV mount. Once you’ve reviewed this article, make sure to read our more comprehensive TV mount guide entitled, An Introduction to TV Wall Mounts.
FLAT TV WALL MOUNTS
Flat TV mounts are perfect for achieving a low profile, stylish, ultra-sleek design by fixing your television against a wall similar to a picture frame. Since they do not tilt or rotate, they are better suited for locations where constant adjustments are not needed. Flat TV mounts are easy to install and are great for small rooms where space is limited.
- May be referred to as “fixed TV mounts” or “flush TV mounts.”
- Perfect for achieving a low profile, stylish, ultra-sleek design.
- Mounts a television flush against the wall.
- Relatively easy to install.
- They do not offer any range of motion, meaning that they do not rotate or tilt.
TILTING TV WALL MOUNTS
Tilt-capable TV mounts are similar to fixed mounts but offer the ability to tilt your TV. These days, many tilt TV mounts come in a low profile, slim design, letting you to achieve an ultra-slim look with the added benefit of tilting your TV to achieve a better viewing angle. Tilt-capable TV mounts are a great option for times when you need to adjust for glare or when you need to position your TV at a point that is higher than eye level.
- Similar to fixed mounts but offer the ability to tilt your TV.
- Gives an ultra-slim look but with the added benefit of tilting a TV to achieve optimum viewing.
- Television can be tilted to avoid glare and improve your viewing in rooms with a lot of light.
- Perfect for mounting TVs at positions that are situated higher than eye-level, such as above the fireplace.
- Most provide between 12 to 20 degrees of tilt, more than enough tilt for most TV installations.
FULL-MOTION TV MOUNTS
Full-motion TV mounts offer even more flexibility because they let you to tilt, swivel and retract your television. These types of mounts let you see the screen clearly from a wide variety of vantage points. This means that you are less limited in where you choose to mount your TV. Moreover, if you think that you will need to access the back of your TV on a regular basis, then a full-motion TV mount is a great option.
- May be referred to as “TV arm mounts” or “retractable TV mounts” or “articulating TV mounts.”
- Lets you to tilt, swivel and retract your television for maximum adjustability.
- More flexibility when installing and allows you to see the screen clearly from a wide variety of vantage points.
- Most offer between 20 degrees to 60 degrees from right or left.
- You also get between 12 degrees to 20 degrees of tilt-capability allowing for even more flexibility in viewing angles.
CEILING TV MOUNTS
Ceiling TV mounts are ideal for installations where using a TV stand or mounting a TV to the wall isn’t an option. Ceiling mounts can be rotated or tilted to achieve many viewing angles in any setting. Mounting a TV higher on the ceiling gives you more space for other furniture and other uses for that area. Many people like the clean and modern look that a ceiling mount can provide. Therefore, if space is a limitation for you, then a ceiling mount is a great way to maximize space without having to make many sacrifices.
- Ideal when mounting a TV to the wall or using a TV stand isn’t an option.
- Most ceiling mounts allow several degrees or rotation and tilt.
- Frees up space for other furniture and other uses for that space.
- Great for rooms where space is limited.
- Provides a great, clean look for your home entertainment systems.
UNDER-CABINET TV MOUNTS
Similar to ceiling mounts, under-cabinet TV mounts let you mount a small TV in an area with very little space. They are great for mounting small TVs in any room with a cabinet such as a kitchen or an RV or boat. You get the freedom to watch TV in a small area without having to sacrifice your much-needed counter top because an under-cabinet TV mount will keep a flat panel TV neatly tucked away under the kitchen cabinet when it is not in use. Moreover, since under-cabinet mounts can be rotated or tilted, achieving an optimal viewing angle from any point becomes very easy.
- Perfect for mounting a TV under a kitchen cabinet but having the freedom to hide the TV when space is needed.
- Neatly tucks away your TV under the kitchen cabinet when TV is not in use.
- Great for mounting a small TV in a kitchen, RV, boat or any area where space is limited.
- Provide rotation and tilt capability giving you more freedom to change your viewing angles.
Are you ready to browse our selection of TV wall mounts? To view our entire line of TV wall mounts and brackets, visit us at Bundlecity.com. For Additional Questions, Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 888.488-2635.